Re: RFC: Common desktop-wide paths

<quote who="Maciej Katafiasz">

> Just you try touching my desktop - good luck at trying to find your
> fingertips afterwards :P
> Honestly, if you like windoze-like mess on desktop - cool, that's your
> thing. But any app that messes with *my* desktop is gonna end up with
> its head chopped off

We are talking about appropriate defaults that apply to most people. If you
don't want it to work that way, you can change it.

(That was not productive language, btw.)

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia         http://lca2005.linux.org.au/

   "And if you think this fucking little tub of gold popcorn is going to
    remotely make up for everything we've suffered, you're sadly fucking
                            mistaken!" - Gollum