Re: Should Desktop = Home?
- From: Ed Mack <lists edmack com>
- To: Steven Garrity <stevelist silverorange com>
- Cc: Desktop Devel <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Should Desktop = Home?
- Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 01:32:58 +0100
> There are some obvious arguments that popup in the "no" camp, including
> keeping your desktop (or your home dir) clutter free. However, people
> like to keep both as clutter-free as possible.
My main grief is the clutter one - A lot of applications I've used/use
like to spill non hidden stuff all over $HOME eg:
What use is the Evolution folder in my Desktop area? The files are
useless to a normal user. I wouldn't want to see this in home either
Why would a user want to see fonts/ and templates/ ? Just space-hogs on
+ all the other unstandardised app's config file spew.
Making Desktop == $HOME is just asking for the user to begin deleting
important configuration files. It's plain wrong and bad engineering.
] [Thread Prev