Re: Should Desktop = Home?

> There are some obvious arguments that popup in the "no" camp, including
> keeping your desktop (or your home dir) clutter free. However, people
> like to keep both as clutter-free as possible.

My main grief is the clutter one - A lot of applications I've used/use
like to spill non hidden stuff all over $HOME eg:

What use is the Evolution folder in my Desktop area? The files are
useless to a normal user. I wouldn't want to see this in home either
really

Why would a user want to see fonts/ and templates/ ? Just space-hogs on
the desktop.

+ all the other unstandardised app's config file spew.

Making Desktop == $HOME is just asking for the user to begin deleting
important configuration files. It's plain wrong and bad engineering.

Ed Mack