Re: RFC: Common desktop-wide paths

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 02:28:20 +0100 (IST)
"Marc O'Morain" <lists marcomorain com> wrote:

> The original proposal was to define a set of folders for storing files
> created by the average desktop PC user. In my case these folders are
> {Documents, Downloads, Photos, Music, Video}.

I like the general idea of these folders, but this behavior must
definitly optional!!!

Other points:
* what about talking to the freedesktop-people, to make this platform
  wide?
* I would have some additional directories:
  Fun - You offen get funny pictures, movies, presentations, sounds
        which you normaly *don't* want to interfere with your normal
        work documents
  Ebooks|Books - was already mentioned, very important for me, I put all
                 my documentation here - Python, Perl, MySQL, LaTeX, ...

For localisation, isn't it possible, to give the Directory a english
name and put the localised name in a .desktop file?

Rgds,
Daniel