Re: RFC: Common desktop-wide paths
- From: Steven Garrity <stevelist silverorange com>
- To: lists marcomorain com
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: RFC: Common desktop-wide paths
- Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 00:23:24 -0300
Marc O'Morain wrote:
The original proposal suggested creating the folderset in $HOME:
All of this sounds good to me. However, I'm not sure there is really a
need for a "Downloads" directory. Most downloads would be of a type that
should end up in Documents, Photos, Music, or Video.
I realize the advantage would be to have a default place for
applications to put downloads - but as the default download destination
is usually temporary, wouldn't it be better to put downloads right on
the desktop where they are more visible?
] [Thread Prev