Re: Polypaudio for Gnome 2.10, the next steps

On Wed, 24.11.04 17:27, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller (uraeus linuxrising org) wrote:

> Ok, well I guess we need a polypsource plugin for gstreamer too then in
> addition to the current polypsink :)

Than go and write it... polypsink could need some more love anyway:
implementation of the volume control interface, exporting of the
latency and things like that.

I am currently not using any gstreamer app, so I do not have the
immediate need for a polypsource. Rhythmbox is unusable with my ~125GB
music archive (it just freezes, hogs memory and tries its best to
crash the computer completely), so I am really happy with good old
XMMS. The polypaudio driver for XMMS is awesome, probably the best
XMMS driver ever written. ;-)

Lennart

--
name { Lennart Poettering } loc { Hamburg - Germany }
mail { mzft (at) 0pointer (dot) de } gpg { 1A015CC4 }