Trash applet and Trash icon: d'n'd

Actual behavior
        Move your mouse cursor over trash icon on desktop, click and
        hold left mouse button, drag the icon over a panel, drop it
        releasing the mouse button.
        Nothing :-(

Expected behavior
        Move your mouse cursor over trash icon on desktop, click and
        hold left mouse button, drag the icon over a panel, drop it
        releasing the mouse button.
        The trash applet appears on panel :-)

Tuning
      * Are a trash icon on desktop AND a trash applet on panel useful?
      * Is a question alert like "Do you want to remove the trash   from
        desktop and add it to panel?" needed?
      * applet-to-destop d'n'd of course ;-)
      * other ?

Questions
      * Is it a nautilus bug, a gnome-panel bug, or a gnome-
        applets/trashapplet bug?
      * Can we solve it simply, or we need a big rework of nautilus
        desktop management code?
      * Why can we add multiple trash applet to panels? Do we really
        need 3 trash applets on the same panel?
      * other ?

--
Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it>