Re: [Usability] Re: Menubar (and Empty Default Desktop) Proposals for

>> experience are helped tremendously by having app launchers for common
>> tasks on the desktop. So much so that I have a "Web Browser" launcher
>> on my desktop scaled up nice and big
>
>My gut feeling tells me application launchers (like 'Web Browser') are
>OK on the panel and in the menu, the desktop should be mostly reserved
>to files and folders. But, we could have URL objects for 'Home page'
>or 'Today's News' on the desktop instead.

i agree. in fact, clearing the desktop of everything and creating
launchers in the panel is the first thing i do in a clean install...
well, everything except the trash. it'd be nice if there were a way to
add that to the panel easily.