Re: Menubar (and Empty Default Desktop) Proposals for GNOME 2.10

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Mike Hearn wrote:

experience are helped tremendously by having app launchers for common tasks on the desktop. So much so that I have a "Web Browser" launcher on my desktop scaled up nice and big

My gut feeling tells me application launchers (like 'Web Browser') are OK on the panel and in the menu, the desktop should be mostly reserved to files and folders. But, we could have URL objects for 'Home page' or 'Today's News' on the desktop instead.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen

==  Europa zonder softwarepatenten! == www.nosoftwarepatents.com ==