Re: Regarding "Connect To..."

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Chipzz wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Enver ALTIN wrote:
>
> > Merhaba,

> > >   But there's also 'Open Location...'.  It should go into the Actions
> > > too, IMHO, since it is not related in any way to any particular nautilus
> > > window.  It only makes sense to have the accelerator (Ctrl-L) available,
> > > but the menu item should go into the panel.
> >
> > Not everybody has menu bar on their panels, some people use the menu
> > applet and some people may not have anything on their panel. How on
> > earth can they access these?
>
> Alt-F1?
>
> > Is the Microsoft way of doing this so ugly? A special launcher named
> > "Add Connection" in Computer folder, which would equally do the same?
>
> *Bzzzt*. "Not everyone has Nautilus". I don't for instance.

Ok, not making sense here myself, as this feature is only usefull when
you're using nautilus.

> > > This reminds me also of a bit of 'Connect To...' confusion.  AFAIK,
> > > you can connect to any server with 'Open Location...'.  The only
> > > difference between them is that 'Connect To...', besides opening the
> > > URI, adds a shortcut to it in Computer/Desktop.  Thus, the name of this
> > > action is not accurate.  It should be more like 'Add Network
> > > Shortcut...'.  Unless I'm missing something...
> >
> > I second this.
>
> kr,
>
> Chipzz AKA
> Jan Van Buggenhout

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
                           Chipzz ULYSSIS Org
"Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
 ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-
 gain'."