Re: Regarding "Connect To..."

Merhaba,

On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 12:02 +0000, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 17:03 -0800, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
> > Shouldn't Nautilus' "Connect To..." be moved under the "Actions" gnome-panel
> > menu?
> > IMHO, it has no place in Nautilus, *especially* now that Nautilus' default
> > UI is spatial. I mean, the "Find Files" has more place into Nautilus than
> > "Connect To..." has, and yet, their placement is reversed.
>   But there's also 'Open Location...'.  It should go into the Actions
> too, IMHO, since it is not related in any way to any particular nautilus
> window.  It only makes sense to have the accelerator (Ctrl-L) available,
> but the menu item should go into the panel.

Not everybody has menu bar on their panels, some people use the menu
applet and some people may not have anything on their panel. How on
earth can they access these?

Is the Microsoft way of doing this so ugly? A special launcher named
"Add Connection" in Computer folder, which would equally do the same?

> This reminds me also of a bit of 'Connect To...' confusion.  AFAIK,
> you can connect to any server with 'Open Location...'.  The only
> difference between them is that 'Connect To...', besides opening the
> URI, adds a shortcut to it in Computer/Desktop.  Thus, the name of this
> action is not accurate.  It should be more like 'Add Network
> Shortcut...'.  Unless I'm missing something...

I second this.
--
Enver ALTIN                   |        http://skyblue.gen.tr/
Software developer @ Parkyeri |      http://www.parkyeri.com/