My CD Burning Theory

The current setup for burning cd's (nautilus burning data, rhythmbox
burning audio) is ok, but I think it could be improved...

I would think it would be better to have a central cd burning programs,
and then have the other programs link to that program.  You could right-
click a folder in nautilus and have an option to "Burn this folder to
CD", and everything goes to the program to burn to a CD.  And have
Rhythmbox have a menu option "Burn this playlist to CD", and it burns it
as an audio cd.  Maybe even "Burn this playlist to CD as MP3's", or OGG,
since that's the open source option, but that's not very useful since
all the mp3 CD player devices don't support ogg yet.  It would probably
keep the size of the gnome desktop smaller so you wouldn't have to have
50 programs burning cd's.  And it would also be less to debug, allowing
the programmers to focus more on what the program needs to do.  That's
just my personal opinion tho.

--
Brad Landis <Bradlis7 classicnet net>