Re: Improving GNOME Volume Manager

Hi,

> The most annoying issue of GNOME volume manager is that you have to
> manually write the command line to manage the inserted media.
>
> I like to open (or comment if it yet exist) a bug against it, but I like
> to know if my proposed solution is implementable.

I agree.

> ------
> 1. Define MIME types

*please please please* do not abuse mime types for something they were
not invented.  MIME types are something that is officially defined.  You
can invent new ones and then request them.

But don't just hack around problems by "inventing" mime types you're
never going to use anywhere else.  Just as nautilus maintainers quarter,
maim and drag you through the GUADEC main conference hall when you
invent Yet Another URI namespace "because it looks cool in nautilus".

Other than that, you're completely spot on IMO.

Thomas

See how I vigorously don't care