Re: Move to Workspace (Right | Left) Proposal

Dnia 08-11-2004, pon o godzinie 16:12 -0500, Britt Selvitelle napisał:
> I'd like to discuss the removal of "Move to Workspace Right/Left" from
> the right click context menu for windows. The HIG specifies that context
> menus should be kept as simple as possible [1]. Users are given the
> functionality of specifying which workspace to move the window to via
> the "Move to Another Workspace" menu. I simply cannot see enough use
> cases to move it directly to the right or left to justify its own
> entries.
>
> Here is a comparison of how the menu looks in its current state, and how
> it would look with these entries removed (from a non-edge workspace):
>
> 	http://sweb.uky.edu/~mbselv0/move_workspace.png

One argument in favor of current layout is that Left / Right relieve you
from keeping one bit of context, namely current workspace number. Also,
Move to Workspace is submenu, so if you really only want to move to
neighbouring workspace, it's slower and less convenient. Not sure
however how often it's used in reality, I remember myself using it only
few times...

Cheers,
Maciej

--