Re: GNOME 2.10 module proposal: libnotify and notification-daemon

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 01:26 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 18:51 -0500, Luis Villa wrote:
<snip>
> > I seem to recall talk that for at least some purposes,
> > gnome-settings-daemon might be appropriate for this purpose. jrb, jody,
> > was that one of you two I was talking to about this? Or am I smoking the
> > good Utah crack?
> >
> but gnome-settings-daemon is in control-center, so shouldn't g-s-d be
> just an extension to gnome-session? gnome-session is always started, so
> it can just load any plugins, avoiding the fork of more than one single
> process.

Makes debugging a hell. Debugging gnome-setting-daemon is already quite
complicated as it is, trust me...
One solution, which as far as I remember is quite close to what KDE does
would be:
- another super-daemon, very very light
- the ability to launch one or more "plugins" individually (think,
debugging a complicated daemon program)
- the ability to add/remove auto-started daemons.

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>