Re: Future of desktop splash screens - some thoughts
- From: Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
- To: Franco Catrin <fcatrin tuxpan com>
- Cc: Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Future of desktop splash screens - some thoughts
- Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 10:37:00 +0000
On Mer, 2004-11-03 at 22:37, Franco Catrin wrote:
> - gnome-panel loads all the icons and menu entries (more than 1500 files
The gnome theme could is demented, various people have been looking at
improving it - I've posted a tool to pack a load of files into one mmap
shared object, Havoc I believe posted some other suggestions - so if
you've got time there is easy progress to be made there.
> All preloading is done with readahead. A small app that loads a list of
Using sys_readahead or read() ?
] [Thread Prev