Re: Proposing gwget for Gnome 2.10
- From: Rodney Dawes <dobey novell com>
- To: Jonathan Blandford <jrb redhat com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Proposing gwget for Gnome 2.10
- Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 00:25:38 -0500
On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 18:13 -0500, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> * Loading a file remotely. gedit has a nice dialog here.
> * Saving a file remotely. This is a trickier one to do right, as
> seeking on an http stream is pretty bad. It's better to save the
> file locally and transfer it over. libgsf has some support for this,
> but no dialog. I started one in gnome-panel-screenshot, but it's
> pretty raw.
Isn't GtkFileChooser supposed to support this using the vfs backend? It
certainly seems to for me. At least, it works for opening. I don't think
gedit supports saving to a remote location yet, though.
] [Thread Prev