Re: Proposing gwget for Gnome 2.10

Hello David,

On Sun, 2004-10-31 at 23:37 +0100, David Sede�ern�ez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to propose gwget for Gnome 2.10 inclusion.
>
> - name of cvs module in gnome : gwget
> - short description of what it does: Download manager. It uses wget as
> backend. Support recursive options, drag and drop, notification area,
> bonobo component and epiphany extension.
> - which part of GNOME it's proposed for inclusion in (bindings, desktop,
> platform): desktop
> - Website: http://gwget.sourceforge.net
> - Localization: 20 language supportted.

I can see plenty of problems/typos just in the screenshots:
- The "New" button in the toolbar should probably be "Add"
- "Stop" looks destructive, if it supports resuming, shouldn't this be
"Pause"?
- in the prefs, "Number of retries" is the number of trials retrying
what?
- download speed should be in "kB/sec", not in just "kB"
- "No create directories" should probably be "Don't create directories".
- "Fite Type Image" should probably be "File Type Image". Why didn't you
pack the icon in the name column?

Some options, short of looking at what they do in the wget manpage, are
pretty obscure.

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
The politician was gone but unnoticed, like the full stop after the Dr.
on a Dr Pepper can.