Re: Where we stand in regard to the future platform / desktop

From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com>

> there is also no guarantee from Sun that they
> wont sue an open source java or open source projects for the use of
> their APIs.

> As things stand right now, if we get a public letter from Microsoft on
> the ECMA core, it is a much better position to be in, than on the Java
> case, where we do not even have guarantees over things as basic as
> `System.Object'.

Any reason that Java proponents could not strive to get a similar letter
from Sun regarding their APIs?

I suspect that such a 'public letter' from either corporation would be
worth about the cost of the paper used to print it...
--
Tcl - The glue of a new generation.  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ >
Larry W. Virden <mailto:lvirden cas org> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>