Re: Where we stand in regard to the future platform / desktop technology

Since there are definitely Sun people here, and given
Sun's involvement in GNOME, a clear statement from Sun
regarding the free implementation of Java APIs that
Sun will not sue them will be greatly welcomed by the
community. (Making the Sun JDK free software will be
even better but we understand that may be too much to
ask for now)

It is in Sun's interest to make it easy to write GNOME
software in Java, even if not using the standard Java
GUI APIs but GNOME-specific bindings.