Re: Plans for 2.8 - GNOME Managed Language Services?

On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 11:44, Murray Cumming wrote:

> Maybe more runtime introspection (listing objects and their methods, and
> their parameters, for instance) might help maintainers of bindings for
> dynamic languages, such as python. If so, let's have it. I'd like to
> hear from them.

Gtk# would benefit from the addition of introspection for virtual class
methods.  I'm referring to the non-signal methods on the class structure
that can be overridden.  Things like GtkContainer::forall().

Basically, we need g_signal_override_class_closure and
g_signal_chain_from_overridden for non-signal virtual methods.

--
Mike Kestner <mkestner ximian com>