Re: gconf and lockdown

Hi,

See also:
http://log.ometer.com/2004-03.html#1.2

I think I figured out the answer to the question at the end of that blog
and it's simple: have gconf_client_get_session_state() that returns a
different GConfClient for session state than the
gconf_client_get_default(), which could point to another config database
stack.

People answered the question but for future reference there
are some docs here:
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/
and in the admin guide, and some API docs in the gconf module.

These two messages should probably be merged into docs, and explain
differently or in more detail:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gconf-list/2003-December/msg00007.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gconf-list/2003-December/msg00012.html

Encourage anyone to hack on this stuff, it's just code.

Havoc