Re: theme file types

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 02:26:41PM -0800, Ian McKellar wrote:
> *flash of light*
>
> We could just define a gzip extension field for mime-type. Call it 'MT'
> and stuff the desired mime-type. Then gnome-vfs can have a very trivial
> sniffing function that looks for the extension field and and return that
> mime type.
>
> A command-line utility to add/display/remove this extension field would
> be trivial.

We've had exactly this discussion for most of the GNOME Office file
formats (gzipped xml).  There is a fatal flaw with using a gzip tag.
Eventually someone will create a theme file without the tag.  It
will look and smell like a proper theme but for some odd reason we
won't recognize it as such.  That tends to confuse people