Re: 2.6 release notes: lockdown

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 13:19, Murray Cumming wrote:
> I'd like a little list of lockdown features in the GNOME 2.6 release
> notes. I beleve that there are gconf keys that are used by
> - gnome-panel
> - nautilus
> - epiphany
>
> Could someone tell me about these? I'd like to know what features
> (and/or what aspects of features) can be disabled.

For epiphany:

- Disable JavaScript's control over window chrome
- Hide menubar/toolbar/statusbar by default
- Disables loading of content from unsafe protocols.
- A list of protocols to be considered safe in addition to the
  default (http, https)
- Disable the user's ability to type in a URL to epiphany.
- Disable the user's ability to edit their bookmarks.
- Disable the user's ability to edit toolbars.
- Disable all historical information by disabling the back button, not
allowing the history dialog and hiding the most used bookmarks list.
- Ability to disable specific settings by making the gconf key not
writable

We have a few more keys that didnt make 2.6 but will land on head as
soon as I have time to review clahey patch.

Marco