Re: bug no. 77300 : "Run Program" dialog's command history should remember "Run in terminal" settings

Le mardi 02 mars 2004, a 02:15, Satvik Upadhyaya a ecrit :
> Hi,
>   We are working on bug no. 77300 and we are stuck and need some help.
>
> Bug description:
>

> 	The advanced mode of the "Run Program" dialog remembers a history of recent
> commands.  For each command in the history, the state of the "Run in
> terminal" check box should be remembered as well.  Whether or not a program
> needs a terminal is a pretty static thing; if I run the same command twice,
> I probably want to use the same setting for this check box.
>
> Version details: gnome-panel-1.5.15.0.200203291243-0.snap.ximian.1,
> installed via Ximian's Red Carpet
>

>    The proposed solution is to store the history in the form of a command and Run_in_termnial bit pair. We want to know whether its better to store the history in Gconf or in an XML file. Or is there an even better way?

IIRC, the run dialog still uses GnomeEntry and should be ported to
GtkComboBoxEntry. Is there a way to save the history of
GtkComboBoxEntry (like GnomeEntry does)?

If there's no such way, then you'll need to do this too to fix bug
77300.

As for knowing if what's better between gconf and the xml file, I'm no
expert for this, si I'll let other people answer...

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas presses.