Re: GNOME love day

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 11:41 +0100, Fernando Herrera wrote:

> 	You will also need GNOME source code and a build system:
>
> 		http://www.gnome.org/%7Ejdub/garnome/
> 		http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/jhbuild/README

I have just posted this reply to gnomedesktop.org and would like to
forward this here as well so you can think about it.

-----

Excuse me but I think this is quite ignorant leaving CVSGnome out of the
announcement. That's one big problem in the GNOME community. Some people
make announcements such as this 'GNOME love and hype' and 'we want you
as participant and new developer' but seriously ignoring work of people
who already contribute to this community for various years.

I for my own already resigned from all these announcements because they
are rarely mirroring the reality of the community. If the work of others
is really required then you should also start honouring their work in
the same way than the one from others otherwise you will figure out that
people may feel offended because their work is not honoured and thus
ignore the project or participate silently or never (or even switch).

You need to understand that there are a bunch of people participating to
GNOME these days and not the few 'selected' ones in the 'closed
friendship circle'.

greetings,

Ali Akcaagac (founder and Maintainer of CVSGnome)