Re: Common language list somewhere in GNOME Platform

El jue, 17-06-2004 a las 14:02, +0400, Nickolay V. Shmyrev escribió:
> В сообщении от 16.06.2004 23:40 +0200, Danilo Šegan пишет:
> > Today at 0:38, Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:
> > >
> > > So the question is - is it possible to add common list to libgnome or
> > > libgnomeui translate it once and use it everywhere.
> > >

> > Look at iso639* translation domains at Translation Project (this means
> > that such a thing already exists, now you only need submit patches for
> > all relevant modules :).
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Danilo
> >

> Thanks, Danilo. The project iso-codes looks very nice, but is it really
> used somewhere? Is it possible to use it in gedit? Will gnome developers
> agree with new dependency, or how should look the usage of such
> translations in project?

I will need that dependency on my localization capplet (if I get some
spare time to work on it) and it is not really a dependency is just a
way to reduce the .po size from other modules so I don't think it will
be bad.

> Also there is some C code that should be implemented, like translation
> between two-letters code, three-letters code and actual names.

Something also in my mind I did already something about it some months
ago, but I need to think more on the API.

> I've looked at libgnome, there is file gnome-i18n.[ch]. Probably, it is
> suitable place for such functionality?

I don't think so, IMHO the best place for this kind of API is at the
same level of GLib, I will try to develop a GLib like API so we could
add it in the future to GLib if their authors agree, that way we will
get the missing parts of libicu.

Cheers.

P.S.: iso-codes is being used highly inside Debian with the
debian-installer.