Re: Preferences, System Tools

On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 17:00, Alan Cox wrote:

> Administrator has to set constraints (eg what works, monitor actual
> ratings, also 72Hz or greater enforcement for crt's in the EU)

Note that "per-user" implies this automatically (all our current
per-user settings can have systemwide defaults and systemwide lockdown).

Although X is something of a special case since the allowed
configurations are determined by the X server (optionally aided by
systemwide config file).

Note that we already have Preferences->Screen Resolution (something I
only recently discovered ;-))

Havoc