Re: GNOME PPP

El jue, 03-06-2004 a las 23:08, +1000, Jeff Waugh escribió:
> Morning!
>
> How timely, GNOME PPP was mentioned on OS News today:
>
>   http://www.gnome-ppp.org/
>
> Vladimir, would you consider proposing GNOME PPP for GNOME 2.8? Would it
> work alongside and/or integrate with GNOME System Tools, if we decided to
> ship it?

it could be really nice to get integration, although the g-s-t do the
PPP stuff quite nicely (as far as I've been able to test it) they
absolutely lack a ppp-oriented gui and cool things like a notification
area icon

just curiosity, the g-s-t have been lately moving towards using the
distros' PPP stuff instead of relying in wvdial, one of the reasons are
that wvdial.conf file is only root readable by default, and thus,
dialing is only accessible by root, how does gnome-ppp handle this?

	Regards