RE: Industrial as default theme?

>with Industrial proposed for inclusion in 2.8,how about we make the switch?
:-)

I like Industrial, however it is extremely bright. The guy who said later
that he will need sunglasses, he is right. The *colors* of Industrial are
inapropriate for a default installation (the design is more than great, but
the colors need work to not be so bright).

While there are people who need accessibility and these will just use the
Sun-derived accessibility themes, there are also people who are just in the
middle of needing accessibility themes or not. That includes people with
plain myopia or other common eye problems (and that category is more than
half with us geeks that need glasses). These people don't go for the
accessesibility themes because they don't "exactly" need them, but they
still need something that's well usable.

This is why it is very importat the *default* theme for Gnome (and for
Ximian for that matter) Desktop needs to be a "good all-around" theme: not
extremelely thin or "fat" widgets, not too bright or too dark colors and
with easy to see lines that represent the different parts of a window (e.g.
the line between the app menu and the rest of the window).

I am all for Industrial, but not without work is being done to NOT be so
bright.. Example here:
http://img.osnews.com/img/7241/themes.png

While the "Default" gnome theme is not as modern and rounded and soft as
Industrial is, it is much more "clean" in terms of the eye and mind easily
understand what is what on a window surface. And the windowmanager becoming
one with the rest of the unfocused window in the Industrial case is not good
either. There should be some distinction between widgets.

To recap: a) please change the background color of the Industrial windows to
not be so bright (leave the widgets/buttons the same light grandient as is
now), b) make the lines around widgets a bit more easily distinguishable
(e.g. check the borders around the input boxes buttons or list views
compared to the "Default" theme in the shot), and c) make sure that the
window manager theme doesn't become "one" with the rest of the window when
unfocused.

If these three requests can be done, we are looking into a great new theme
for Gnome. But please don't use an unmodified Industrial theme.

Rgds,
Eugenia