Re: PROPOSAL: GNOME Nettool for GNOME 2.8

El jue, 03-06-2004 a las 10:59, +0200, Murray Cumming escribió:
> On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 18:14 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > We would like to propose GNOME Nettool for inclusion in the GNOME 2.8
> > desktop release.
> >
> > GNOME Nettool is an application that provides GUI access to many
> > networking command line tools, like ping, traceroute, netstat, finger,
> > whois, ifconfig. It was originally based on the similar tool that is
> > available in Mac OS X, but has since been greatly improved and is now a
> > much better tool than the one from Apple.
>
> Personally, I think this is very useful stuff for an administrator,
> network engineer, or developer. But I don't think it helps users with
> their goals.

I think it's useful for a user, it's easier to give support to a user
asking for GNOME Nettool than telling the user:

Open a terminal, execute ping foo and tell me what you see...

a normal user will understand better, open the nettool application and
select ping/tracerouter/whatever and fill the fields.

Cheers.
--
Carlos Perelló Marín
Debian GNU/Linux Sid (PowerPC)