ANNOUNCE: gcalctool v4.4.14 [stable]
- From: Rich Burridge <Rich Burridge Sun COM>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Cc: sami pietila utu fi, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: ANNOUNCE: gcalctool v4.4.14 [stable]
- Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:22:28 -0700 (PDT)
Gcalctool is the default GNOME desktop calculator.
It has Basic, Financial and Scientific modes. Internally it uses multiple
precision arithmetic to produce results to a high degree of accuracy.
This release is for GNOME 2.7/8.
Note that gcalctool now requires the Gtk+ libraries that come with
GNOME 2.6 or later in order to build.
Changes since the last gcalctool version in the 4.4.X series (4.4.8).
* Fixed bug 144596. Gcalctool did not follow 'Show icons in menus' in
* Remainder of the fix for bug #143924. Control-T shouldn't work in Basic
or Financial modes.
* Partial fix for bug #143924. After an error condition, the "Show
Trailing Zeroes" menu item is only activated if the user is in
* Fixed bug 138106. In Basic or Financial mode, "Error" was been
incorrectly display if you user has "Show Thousands Separator" set.
* Fixed bug 144031. gcalctool checked for the presence of the X11
libraries but doesn't need to.
* Selecting Help->About from the menubar now works again.
gcalctool for GNOME 2.7/8 is in the "gnome-2-8" branch (which was
created earlier today). This is so that an important new feature
can be debugged in CVS HEAD. If you need to do any tstring translations
or updates to the documentation (hi Breda!), then don't forget to
checkout gcalctool with the "gnome-2-8" tag.
You can download this new version from:
[Although some of the ftp mirrors may take a little while to sync].
] [Thread Prev