Re: Proposed: gnome-nettool
- From: Germán Poó Caamaño <gpoo ubiobio cl>
- To: Seth Nickell <seth gnome org>
- Cc: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>, Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org>, GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Proposed: gnome-nettool
- Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:25:35 -0400
El mié, 21-07-2004 a las 17:17 -0400, Seth Nickell escribió:
> On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 18:57 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 15:27 -0400, Seth Nickell wrote:
> > > > I like the application and expect it to be widely used, but don't
> > > > see it as an essential part of the desktop. It seems fine living in
> > > > a 5th toe environment with the majority of the apps and config
> > > > tools.
> > >
> > > Agreed. Combined with the system-tools (which AFAIK are mostly
> > > sysadmin focused), if we had enough sysadmin tools (esp if we got
> > > things like a GConf system policy editor and other much needed things
> > > like that) it might make sense to have a System Management bundle like
> > > 5th toe. Or have "5th Toe Sysadmin" or something.
> > >
> > gnome-nettool is a user-oriented app, nothing to do with sysadmin'ing
> What users are you thinking of for this ?!?
The same kind of vino's users, users that needs get assistance
to solve a problem and they must to give useful information.
Germán Poó Caamaño
] [Thread Prev