Re: Proposed: gnome-nettool
- From: Seth Nickell <seth gnome org>
- To: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
- Cc: Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org>, GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Proposed: gnome-nettool
- Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:17:25 -0400
On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 18:57 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 15:27 -0400, Seth Nickell wrote:
> > > I like the application and expect it to be widely used, but don't
> > > see it as an essential part of the desktop. It seems fine living in
> > > a 5th toe environment with the majority of the apps and config
> > > tools.
> > Agreed. Combined with the system-tools (which AFAIK are mostly
> > sysadmin focused), if we had enough sysadmin tools (esp if we got
> > things like a GConf system policy editor and other much needed things
> > like that) it might make sense to have a System Management bundle like
> > 5th toe. Or have "5th Toe Sysadmin" or something.
> gnome-nettool is a user-oriented app, nothing to do with sysadmin'ing
What users are you thinking of for this ?!?
] [Thread Prev