Re: Proposed: cantus

On Pr, 2004-07-19 at 10:25 -0400, Pat Suwalski wrote:
> Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > Against...
> > Doesn't fit in with the multimedia frameworks we already have, doesn't
> > fit in the desktop itself, and it's far from "easy to use".
>
> In terms of usability, I would recommend EasyTag:
>
> 	http://easytag.sourceforge.net/
>
> It recently got ported to GTK2, and is a lot simpler than cantus.

Agreed, easytag is easier to use and has much more functionality, nearly
everything I need to do to music files. Cantus lacks a lot of features
which I would call basic for mass tagging app, like fill tags from
filenames, select genre from a list, replace spaces with underscores,
remove id3v2 tags, rename directories, etc.

As a user who needs such an application, I found Cantus useless for me,
what to talk about majority of GNOME users, when even the hackers don't
know what mass tagging is.

Gediminas