Re: Proposed: gnome-system-tools

--- Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> wrote: > On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 01:30, Jeff
Waugh wrote:
> > <quote who="Havoc Pennington">
> >
> > > Reiterate
> > > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2004-June/msg00161.html
> >
> > Is that "should not go in until these issues are resolved", or a reminder
> > that we really desperately need to resolve these issues? :-)
> >

> Two points:
>
> 1. Anything end-user oriented should be sucked into control center and
> designed top-down as part of control center, not kept separate.

This equally applies to admin tools, with the single difference that instead of
control center, you would use a different module. It should still be top down
design not graphical eye-candy around modifying this or that configuration file.

> If there are tools targeted toward *admins* we should consider those as
> a separate module and the interaction design should be done with admin
> as audience.
>
> So "date and time" should probably be in the control center. "Boot
> loader" is an admin thing, or just "geek power tools"; same for
> "runlevel."

boot loader and runlevels should probably be unified to "startup".

but theer shoudl really be more of a design to it all