Re: how to make desktop app send email?

On Sat, 2004-07-17 at 07:26 -0400, Jody Goldberg wrote:

> discussing sendmail misses the point.  The goal is generally not to
> send the content immediately.  An application merely wants to supply
> some of the information, and let the user fill in the rest using
> their chosen front mailer interface.

*some* applications want to do that.  Apps like, say, Bug-Buddy don't.
That only really works with sendmail, iirc.  I can use it from my
desktop at home, or my workstation at work, but not my laptop, because
it roams and has no permanently accessible SMTP server and I'm not going
to sit around swapping MTA configurations depending on where I am.