Re: GNOME HIG and freedesktop.org spec. a bit contradicting??
- From: Calum Benson <Calum Benson Sun COM>
- To: Eugenia Loli-Queru <eloli hotmail com>
- Cc: "desktop-devel-list gnome org" <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: GNOME HIG and freedesktop.org spec. a bit contradicting??
- Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:43:48 +0100
On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 04:00, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
> I would go as far as to suggest moving an updated/modified Gnome HIG (v1.2+
> and beyond) to freedesktop.org. This way, DEs that would want to follow the
> fd.org standards in general would also standardize on the HIG's look & feel
> and truly help to the creation of an omogenous unix desktop.
There was an effort afoot to create a freedesktop.org HIG a year or so
ago (from the KDE and GNOME ones, primarily), but nobody seemed
particularly interested so it died...
CALUM BENSON, Usability Engineer Sun Microsystems Ireland
mailto:calum benson sun com Java Desktop System Group
http://ie.sun.com +353 1 819 9771
Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Sun Microsystems
] [Thread Prev