Re: Vino: proposal for inclusion in GNOME 2.8

<quote who="Luis Villa">

> > It's bloody useful, even the way it is at the moment. Plus, wider
> > testing, and ability to compete in the feature paralysis review stakes.
>
> But given that (as far as I can see) there is basically no gnome
> integration at the moment, why is this more relevant to GNOME than, say,
> X? When it is tightly tied to gdm, session, etc. it seems obviously
> relevant, but not until then.

Have you actually tried vino? You get a configuration panel, and a program
that runs in your session. It is quite nicely integrated at the individual
desktop level. It does not include system level (gdm) integration.

Mark -> it would be kinda cool to have a notification icon appear when your
display is being watched/controlled. That way, you know what's going on, and
you could disconnect the session, etc.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

   "Driving Miss Daisy. Best film of 1989. So said the academy. What does
                        that tell you?" - Spike Lee