Re: EggRecent [was Re: libomelette [was Re: glib unicode regular expression api]]
- From: Sven Neumann <sven gimp org>
- To: Calum Benson <Calum Benson Sun COM>
- Cc: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>, GTK+ development mailing list <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, Anders Carlsson <andersca gnome org>, GNOME Desktop <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- Subject: Re: EggRecent [was Re: libomelette [was Re: glib unicode regular expression api]]
- Date: 09 Jul 2004 13:50:03 +0200
Calum Benson <Calum Benson Sun COM> writes:
> You would probably just want an unremovable "Recent" bookmark, which
> made your recent files show up in the list on the right. (Which is
> pretty much how they do it on Windows-- well, in some apps anyway.)
That would indeed be a clever way which doesn't add clutter to the dialog.
> It's certainly more clicks or keystrokes, but it does have the advantage
> that you could show a lot more recent files in the dialog than you could
> on the menu. I doubt if that's reason enough to make a complete switch,
> but there's no reason why the two methods couldn't co-exist I suppose.
Makes sense to me as long as the established way of doing it is kept.
] [Thread Prev