Re: EggRecent [was Re: libomelette [was Re: glib unicode regular expression api]]
- From: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- To: Sven Neumann <sven gimp org>
- Cc: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>, GTK+ development mailing list <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, Anders Carlsson <andersca gnome org>, GNOME Desktop <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: EggRecent [was Re: libomelette [was Re: glib unicode regular expression api]]
- Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 12:18:03 +0200
On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 11:37 +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> What sense does a list of recent-files make in the file-chooser? I see
> the list of recent-files as a way to open a recently used document w/o
> the need to use the file-chooser. It should be accessible from the
> panel and every app should have a list in their File menu of files
> that there were recently used from within this application.
1. That that clutters the File menu.
2. It's a problem because not every application does this, and they
don't all do it in consistent ways.
I'd rather just see the recent-files in the FileChooser and keep them
out of the File menu, as long as it's quick to use.
> That way
> files can be opened without opening a file selection dialog and IMO
> that's the whole point here.
murrayc murrayc com
] [Thread Prev