Re: Evolution 2.0 and GNOME 2.6

On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 17:18, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:

> Yes, under the hood there have been changes and great additions, but except
> the new GtkFileChooser (which is discussed and requested for ages now, and
> so I don't even consider it anymore as a "new" feature -- even if it is) and
> the spatial Nautilus (which many people utterly hate and so for these people
> this won't even considered a 'feature'

And most people who actually use it for a significant amount of time
utterly love.  You seem to totally disregard how important the nautilus
changes are.  Nautilus is now more usable, easier to "extend", and
faster...big, big wins for the users.  My hat is off to Dave, Alex, and
the other nautilus hackers.

> ), there are no other *notable*
> user-visible changes.

Totally disagree.  Just to list a few user-visible changes that you seem
not to know about:

* improved usability
* improved internationalization
* improved mime-system
* improved printing
* improved session management
* lockdown features
* evolution data-server
* improved share browsing
* a cleaner, faster GTK
* epiphany rocks

and much more that i can't remember right now...This is nice polish
release, Eugenia and there is nothing wrong with that.  That's what I
love about GNOME: it's about continually polishing and getting things
right and making things "Just Work".  GNOME is not about just adding
tons of features so we can be like that other desktop.  We're not like
the other desktop, and our users appreciate that.  When the features are
ready they will be included.  Evolution 2.0 is not ready.  So it can
wait until GNOME 2.6 for inclusion.

--
jamin philip gray
http://pubcrawler.org

Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.