Re: Evolution 2.0 and GNOME 2.6

> Well, the problem isn't as serious really as described.  Distributions are
> going to add evolution themselves.  Just because we don't have it as
> official doesn't mean it won't be in there.

Slackware doesn't include it for political(!) and technical reasons (however
I know that Pat would include it if it was part of Gnome). FreeBSD won't
include it either if it ain't part of Gnome AFAIK. It hasn't do so so far
and I don't see any reason why they would start doing so now..

>While I generally hate this  argument myself; in terms of impact it's not
going to be as bad as you're
> stating.

I hope so. However, the fact remains that Gnome ships without an email
client. That's bad enough in itself.

Rgds,
Eugenia