Re: proposal for a smarter behavior for raising windows on mouse click

Am Mi, den 28.01.2004 schrieb Kai Weber um 14:41:
> * Martin Grimme <martin pycage de>:
>
> > >From what I have heard, users don't want windows to be raised during:
> > - drag and drop
> > - selecting text
> > - using the scrollbars
>
> If I want drag-n-drop a file to a directory which file explorer window
> is beneath the source window I want to *raise* the underlying window! If
> I have this problem I alway have to rearrange the windows on screen.
>
> Mm, maybe too bad English. I made a small website with some screenshots
> describing the problem:
>
> http://www.glorybox.de/dragndrop/

I'm happy that someone raises this issue. It annoys the hell out of me, too.
There is however a solution for this: Simply drag the file onto the task-list
entry of the covered window (dont drop), and then the window will be raised...

However I think it would be nice, if drag'n'drop would auto-raise windows,
seems like the correct behaviour in my eyes...

Regards,
Jörgen