Re: breaking libgnomeui API

+++ Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 02:32:38AM +0100 +++
Carlos Garnacho e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> El mi??, 28-01-2004 a las 01:59, Matthias Clasen escribi??:
> > If you want to keep API and ABI compat, you could add the new file
> > chooser to the GnomeFileEntryPrivate struct, leaving the old fsw member
> > in placed. Of course, apps wont have much benefit from inserting a
> > preview widget in a fileselection which is never shown, but at least
> > they would still compile and work.
>
> Yeah, I've already though on this solution, the problem I can see here
> is that creating a GtkFileChooser widget and a GtkFileSelection widget
> could make the code less readable, doing nonsense things for he who
> doesn't know the reasons of this legacy variable

Maybe one could add compile-time and/or run-time warning spews giving
some information about what's happening and how it should be fixed for
future releases of the software using the deprecated field.

mawa
--
...ich habe einem Gittarero seinen Big Muff gegen eine Ratte
abgeschwätzt...