Re: breaking libgnomeui API

El mié, 28-01-2004 a las 01:59, Matthias Clasen escribió:
> If you want to keep API and ABI compat, you could add the new file
> chooser to the GnomeFileEntryPrivate struct, leaving the old fsw member
> in placed. Of course, apps wont have much benefit from inserting a
> preview widget in a fileselection which is never shown, but at least
> they would still compile and work.

Yeah, I've already though on this solution, the problem I can see here
is that creating a GtkFileChooser widget and a GtkFileSelection widget
could make the code less readable, doing nonsense things for he who
doesn't know the reasons of this legacy variable (maybe this isn't a big
problem?) and will indeed become an issue if we want to compile
libgnomeui with GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED someday.

Maybe it's not time now to break backwards compatibility, but it should
be done some day, but at the moment... is it the more sane option we
have?

	Carlos