Re: Proto initial GNOME 2.6 new modules decision

> Hmm, I don't think we need to require that nor should we expect it.
> libxklavier is alot close to the platform level (X libc) than to
> GNOME.
Yes, technically you are 101% right. I just thought Murray wanted to
bind libxklavier releases to the GNOME schedule, which makes some sense.
Time-wise, I am nearly ready to adhere to GNOME schedules (the word
"nearly" covers the mess with the platform support and API breakage
which I have within 2.6 scale).

So (my final personal statement follows), if GNOME Release Team finds it
absolutely necessary, I synchronize the library schedule with the GNOME
one. But on the initial cycle (2.6) IMHO it would be more effective to
have libxklavier as external dependency - so I would be able to fix
problems (especially - compatibility problems) faster. Since I am the
only person who updates all libxklavier-related code in GNOME, this
should not be a major issue.

Cheers,

--
Sergey