Re: Proto initial GNOME 2.6 new modules decision

Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 04:19:14PM +0100, Murray Cumming Comneon com escribió:

>> Doesn't this also add libsoup? It is required for the
>> groupwise backend in e-d-s, and recent mail on this list (the
>> thread "Evolution Data Server and libsoup") indicated that
>> the requirement was not going to go away.
>
>Probably. Can the evolution maintainers comment on that? Is this a problem
>for anyone?

	libsoup will also be useful for other apps in the desktop.
If included, bug-buddy will use it to do http POST for bug submitting
instead of using sendmail. Also gdict would use it (see bug #77734),
and I think,  in the future, lots of applications could use the soap stuff
for web services (wheather, tickets...)

Salu2

--
Fernando Herrera de las Heras
Onírica: análisis, diseño e implantación de soluciones informáticas