Re: GtkFileSystemGnomeVFS

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Sri Ramkrishna wrote:

> From: Sri Ramkrishna <sri aracnet com>
> Subject: Re: GtkFileSystemGnomeVFS
>
> > > And introduce a (build-time) dependency on gtk+? Is that desirable?
> > > OTOH, putting it in libgnomeui means a libbonoboui dependency, which
> > > doesn't work everywhere (ie framebuffer/windows).
> >
> > Who really cares if we depend on GTK+?
>
> Considering that the whole desktop depends on GTK+, no.
>
> sri

So exactly WHY do we have an indecent amount of packages that split up
everything according to functionality...?

Oh and for the record, I _HAVE_ written some tiny programs that do link
to gnome-vfs and not to any GUI-library (nor would that be desirable).

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny