Re: freedesktop.org platform - preparing for release 1

Le mer 21/01/2004 à 07:23, Jonathan Blandford a écrit :
> Daniel Stone <daniel fooishbar org> writes:
>
> > > Along with intltool, perhaps pkg-config and desktop-file-utils should be
> > > released as part of a freedesktop developer-utils release.  As for
> > > scrollkeeper, there was interest in dropping it in favor of a better
> > > solution.
> >
> > I think I've managed to co-opt pkg-config into the release. What's
> > desktop-file-utils, and where do I get it?
>
> Desktop-file-utils is a tool for validating and installing a desktop
> file.  It's more useful for packagers than for normal developers.
>
> http://freedesktop.org/Software/desktop-file-utils

Hmm, ATM, desktop-file-utils is in a bad shape as it is not able to
validate the last spec of XDG menu spec.

But there is hope, since I sent a patch to somehow fix that to xdg
mailing list and I'm waiting for havoc to review it (hint, hint :))

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com>
Mandrakesoft