Re: Suggestion for the actual UI of GTK+'s New FileSelector

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 12:49, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 17:37, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> > The Sun tests tend to be a lot more in-depth and scientific than, "do
> > you like this?  yes?  oh goodie!"  ;-)
>
> I just have to look at the 12 or 13 profiles to understand how the
> results are biased... A good test would be N smart people who have never
> used a computer (they might have to be fairly young nowadays though).

Most people using GNOME are not people who have never used a computer.
Only testing people who've never used a computer would bias the results
towards a user base that is all but non-existent for large segments of
the GNOME target user base.

That said, this is getting off-topic.  If nobody has any *real*
usability tests for the file selector, we're still at square 0.

> Pick your preferred number for N.
>
> Rui
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.